My Relaxation Tips

19.6.15


I seem to be living in a whirlwind at the moment; my to-do list growing ever longer as each day passes.

It's been a particularly busy week, and on more than one occasion, I have been reminded to ‘just breathe.’

So what do I do when I need to take five minutes?


Switch off all digital devices

Off goes the iPhone, and the iMac is sent to sleep. I admit I am a slave to modern technology, and there can be nothing more fulfilling then leaving my phone at home just to escape!

Open a book

I always have several books on the go. Books currently gracing my nightstand include Michelle Obama: A Life by Peter Slevin, My Organic Life by Nora Pouillon and My Story by Julia Gillard.

Watch my favorite shows

This is truly one of the best ways to escape from the daily grind. I’m hooked on Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, and can easily watch four episodes in a row! Escaping to a different world (whether it is fact or fiction,) can bring some much-needed clarity.

Get outside

Just to have the fresh air filling my lungs instantly calms me down! I make sure that I get out of the office each day for a walk- it focuses my mind, provides ‘me time,’ and is importantly, good for you! I always feel fighting fit and ready to take on the rest of the day afterwards.

Get musical

Pop in the earbuds and blast your favorite tunes!

Write

I love to write, and getting my ideas out on paper really helps to clear my mind. A little bit each day, whatever the genre, can really help!

Get moving

I love my Wii console (bowling is my favorite!) If I only have ten minutes or so to de-stress, I’ll pop on the sports game and face my digital opponent. The swordplay game is the ultimate tension burner!

Quiet time


If all else fails, I retreat into a quiet moment of reflection. Deep breaths, clearing the mind and just relax. There could be nothing better.

What are your relaxation tips? Share your suggestions in the comments! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground