In Pictures: Edinburgh Trip

29.5.15

This past week I've been in Edinburgh. I was last in the city two years ago during the Fringe Festival so it was good to visit at a different time of year!

Bute House, Official Residence of the Scottish First Minister
Friday was dedicated to strolling along Princes Street and a mandatory stop at Harvey Nichols in Multrees Walk. In the evening we dined at Amarone, an amazing Italian restaurant located in Georges Street. Do not miss it if you're in the city!

Saturday and Sunday we walked to the Castle and through Princes Street Gardens. I love exploring the old buildings, and I think the Royal Mile is one of my favourite parts of Edinburgh.


On Monday, we had an early trip to the Royal Yacht Britannia before it opened to the public. Once used by the Queen as her 'floating residence,' the yacht is now the UK's No.1 tourist attraction. It was super fun to visit and see behind the scenes, as well as many personal effects. Definitely visit if you're going to be in the area! For more photos from my trip to the yacht visit my Flickr page.


The Bloodhound racing yacht
Rum barrel
It was the perfect mini break, and with only an hour's flying time, I'll likely visit again!

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground