Three Things I Love About My Favourite City

21.1.15

Author's Own
I've been lucky to have travelled to many great places in the world- across the East Coast, Europe, UAE, Australia and New Zealand.

My first trip 'abroad' was to America in 2001. It started my love affair with the USA, and Washington D.C. is the city I find myself returning to time and time again. I interned for a Member of Congress in 2010, and this really made it my favourite city! In fact I'll be back in DC (and NYC!) later this year- #countingdownthedays

So what are my three favourite things about Washington D.C?

1. The architecture: Everywhere you look there is a spectacular building to be seen! I love the White House for its neoclassic design, and for the sense of history in each of its rooms and the grounds. Having been fortunate to visit the Executive Mansion on many occasions, I love walking around the state rooms and taking a look at the beautiful Rose Garden.

2. The museums: D.C. has a museum for everyone! The Smithsonian is can cater for every taste, from  Air and Space to American History, you could spend days getting caught up in some amazing exhibits and stories! My personal favourite? The First Ladies exhibition- the dresses and jewels are amazing. I also love the Newseum- so exciting!

3. The shopping: there are some great boutique shops in D.C., and I particularly like taking a trip to Alexandria to shop in the independent stores. Make sure you try out The Lucky Knot if you're in town!

Have you been to Washington D.C.? What do you love about it?

This post is part of Accor's 'Three Things I Love About My Favourite City' series. Find out more here. I did not receive any financial compensation for this post and all views are my own. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground