Discovering DC: Sahra Schukraft and TARI

4.2.14


TARI in Washington DC is one of the must haves that any visitor and resident should visit! Read on for my exclusive chat with TARI's Sahra Schukraft about her favourite places in the city! 

What’s your history with DC? I traveled here on occasions when I'd be visiting one of my lifelong friends in Baltimore, from New York City. I made the move here last Summer to be with my beau and take on a new city! 


Favorite places to shop/eat/people watch?
I love to shop my work, Tari DC for label lusting; they've got such amazing pieces from Chanel and Escada to Nanette Lepore, sequin beauties by Ashish, and covetable staple shoes. I also love that they carry local jewelry and accessory designers. Reddz Trading, Buffalo Exchange (can you tell I love vintage and thrifting!?), UrbanChic for new contemporary pieces, and that one time ShopAnthom had a pop up shop in Cady's Alley! RIP Loehmann's.

For food, I stick to my favorites; Argonaut on H, Ping Pong Dim Sum, El Centro for cactus Tacos. Oh! And Le Grenier on H for amazing french cuisine! Mostly, I've been trying to eat at home more often and work on my expanding culinary skills; I recently cooked my first steak EVER!

People watching is most fun while day drinking on grass (weather permitting); scoping out the tourists at the National Mall, the locals in Logan Circle, and the families at Gravelly Point Park. Otherwise, I'm peeping at all the incredible customers we get at TARI.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday? I'd start my day with bottomless mimosa's at The Argonaut, then pop into Union Market, maybe a little shopping in Georgetown, then home for a relaxing dinner and movie with my boyfriend.

Best thing about DC? The rise. When I was first moving here, I was wary of the lack of fashion and creativity, but I've really been loving how new small businesses are putting DC on the Style map, while restauranteurs are making me want to try every corner of the city. TARI tries to make sure we carry fun, funky, pieces that push the envelope of the quintessential style of DC, while we plan events to bring together even more creative fashionables.

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground